12 Steps to Career Promotions
- I do the job correctly. With my goal in sight, I am doing my job based on the direction I need to go. I can see what belongs in the work and what does not belong in the finished product.
2. I use the correct tools. If I am fixing a leaky faucet, I need wrenches and screwdrivers. If I am building a deck, I need a hammer and a saw.
3. I work with the correct people. To build a website, I contact a website developer. To create images for my website, I contact a graphic designer.
4. I help people understand how to help me. The best way to help people know what to do is let them know the goal of the project. Then when they are doing their part, they can know how to make the piece they make fit into the project.
Priorities and Deadlines
5. I set priorities. If I am building a house, the first priority is to clear the land. The last priority is to hang the finished cabinets and fixtures.
6. I sets the deadlines. If my clients need my work to fit into their larger project, I can set my deadline to get my work to them before they need it. They are happier. I can work to get my money more quickly. If my client does not know exactly how my work will fit into the total project, I can set my deadline when I know exactly what they want me to do.
Know My Purpose
7. I know the purpose of my work. I know who will benefit from the work and how to make the work fit the needs of those people.
8. I operate efficiently. If my goal is to write a new article for my blog, I can exhaust myself wandering around the Internet. I limit my research efforts to books and websites that I need for my article.
9. I create a plan of action. Some work may take a day to complete. Some work may take weeks to pull together. Each piece adds service to my customers. I can never finish the total job. I plan to continue to add services. My plan of action is a series of plans that continue to expand my services. I know what I what I want to do. I create and adjust my plans of action to accomplish what I want to do.
10. I help people. I have a sense of purpose. I want to help people become successful. My work is meaningful to me. I want people to use the ideas and the services of my websites for their success.
11. I take breaks. I enjoy my work. Knowing that I am trying to help people makes my work fun.
12. I end my day with a list for tomorrow’s work. When I start my day, I know where to start.