The reason to use company lists when looking for a job is that these lists give the company names that otherwise may not come to mind.
The “Fortune 500” list is perhaps the best branded list for companies and one of the most popular lists of any sort. “The Best Companies to Work For” list is another terrific list and has a terrific brand.
- Most Admired Companies
- Best to Work For Companies
- Fastest Growing Companies
- Global 500 Companies
- Fortune 500 Companies
What a fabulous job Forbes has done for years with lists of companies. The categories Forbes uses are unique and are especially helpful to people seeking employment or information on Asian companies.
- America’s Most Trustworthy Companies
- America’s Best Small Companies
- World’s Most Innovative Companies
- America’s Largest Private Companies
- Asia’s Best Under A Billion
- Asia’s Fab 50 Companies
- Global High Performers
- Global 2000 Leading Companies
- Top Microfinance Institutions
The Inc.com list focuses on identifying and listing the 5000 fastest growing companies in the country. You can sort these lists based on one-year %growth, company name, 3-year % growth, industry, revenue, # of employees, city, and state. The companies on this list “comprise franchises, do business all over the world, and are among the most-trafficked internet websites.”
The landing page has beautiful, effective graphics. Here are the two pages. I recommend using both.