Sample Job Description Account Executive
The position is responsible for managing a portfolio of offline merchants (account portfolio to be determined). Responsibilities include: ensuring the successful, ongoing management (post-sales) of offline merchant relationships (directly or indirectly); maximizing Company’s and program marketing channels on behalf of merchant(s) to drive sales and revenue (ensuring Company’s revenue targets are met at merchant and individual portfolio level); reporting marketing and business performance metrics to merchant; utilizing positive performance metrics to effectively cross-sell merchant into new opportunities; and, advocating on behalf of merchants within Company’s.
Key Responsibilities: The Manager, Retail Strategy & Management will perform the following duties and report to the Director, Retail Strategy & Management:
1. Understand in-store merchants’ performance objectives to effectively own and manage relationships with goal of continued participation and growth in marketing programs.
2. Work with merchants to develop marketing calendar and strategy to drive incremental sales and increase merchant visibility and exposure to program members.
3. Utilize segmentation and targeting capabilities to improve merchant offers and sales.
4. Utilize cross-sale strategies to grow merchant investment and revenue.
5. Develop monthly, quarterly and annual merchant business reviews.
6. Facilitate meetings with high value merchants, including executive level contacts, on a regular basis to conduct program performance review and strategic planning.
7. Assist in the development and improvement of company’s segmentation, targeting and tracking capabilities to better serve merchant partners, improve marketing channel utilization and increase consumer/member sales and conversion through higher offer relevance
• Minimum of 4 year college degree in relevant discipline, MBA preferred.
• Prefer 4 years partnership marketing or B2B or B2C marketing experience.
• Prefer 3 years account/relationship management experience.
• Strong analytical skills, necessary to effectively manage and report successful program performance
• Strong understanding of online, email and direct marketing processes and activities.
• Ability to manage to a revenue plan, as well as develop marketing plans to ensure revenue goals are met and business/merchant partners are effectively promoted.
• Ability to analyze marketing campaign and program data to provide analysis/scorecard to Company’s Management and merchant partners.
• Ability to cross-sell merchants to new opportunities to achieve company and merchant revenue growth.
• Effective listening, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management and internal/external clients effectively.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.