Sample Job Description: Head of Sales
Job Title: Head of Sales
Manage the western sales force in their efforts to implement sales & marketing programs to achieve volume and spending goals and aggressively expand brand distribution in grocery retail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Determine an appropriate retail execution strategy for implementation of corporate objectives
• Provide clear direction to field sales staff regarding objectives and priorities
• Assist in retail planogram resets when appropriate
• Perform annual performance reviews for direct reports
• Allocate and monitor “street level” trade funds per Customer Planning Department plans
• Conduct price surveys on key identified categories monthly
• Monitor and report competitive activity monthly
• Manage priorities of multiple brands, and business units
• Research and implement Mobile technology
• Key personnel within the Retail Sales Team network
• 10 – 15 Years Sales Management experience with a Consumer Packaged Goods Company, Distributor or Broker Network. Natural Foods experience preferred.
• Ability and desire to travel extensively
• Working knowledge and understanding of IRI/Nielsen syndicated data
• Computer Literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software.
• BA/BS Degree: Advanced degree preferred.