Sample Job Description Sales Analyst
About the Job
This position is responsible for the reporting and analysis of sales information for the Wholesale Sales Department while contributing to the strategic decision making process that supports the overall profitability of the Company. This includes the development of sales reports, preparation of compelling customer sales presentations and planograms for the field, reviewing competitive trends in the marketplace and key accounts as well as taking an active role in the monthly Forecast process to improve forecast accuracy.
• Create and maintain sales reports for distribution to internal organization and broker network to enhance profitability decision making and investment spends.
• Analyze the Marketplace within the Total Chocolate Category to remain current with category trends and competitive developments.
• Consistently track brand performance and communicate key learning’s and developments to management using internal and external tools.
Category Management Support
• Analyze, interpret, summarize syndicated data and available market research data to develop sales presentations specific to class of trade and region for field sales to ensure consistent, fact-based selling.
• Utilize Planogram software (Nielsen Spaceman Professional) within sales presentations to enhance both retailer and profitability with the goal of establishing and maintaining a category captain role in premium.
• Utilize Spectra demographic data within presentations to enhance positioning and provide added insights to the retailer to maximize store level profitability.
• Responsible for creating compelling arguments within the presentation that meets the Sales Managers goal of; growing existing or seasonal distribution, acquiring new item listings, development or expansion of shop n shops, reducing out of stocks and improved shelf placement or facings.
• Travel to assigned region and/or account on a quarterly basis to meet with field sales team and accompany sales team on various sales calls, in an analyst capacity to support the overall meeting objective.
• Maintain consistent communication with Marketing, Operations, Field Sales and Executive Team to insure meaningful integration and alignment in meeting the needs of the customer as well as department profitability.
• Utilize syndicated data to research and evaluate current market conditions that may affect the organization’s ability to sell products within each class of trade. Develop strategic account planning and execution; interpret and disseminate information to the field and or management to enable proper and timely action if necessary. This includes providing promotional information on key franchises and competition to ensure strategies are met.
• Utilize Demand Signal Repository system to improve account profitability through customer specific point of sale reporting (Walgreens & CVS RSI, Walmart Retail Link, Target Partners on Line). Incorporate within presentations as needed and make recommendations to National Accounts Team.
• Provide APO forecast support and training to Sales Managers, participate in monthly forecast process and review to improve overall forecast accuracy.
Skills & Knowledge
• Proficient computer skills; including extensive, advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical and reporting skills.
• Project leadership skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• 3-5 years analytical experience.
• 3-5 years experience with one or all of the following:
• Syndicated data – AC Nielsen and/or IRI.
• Retailer POS Data – Retail Link and/or Info Retriever/Partners On Line.
• IBM Cognos
• 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
• 1+ years experience with Planogram SW.
• Category Management experience preferred
• B.S. degree.