Sample Job Description Sales Forecaster
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Analyze product and customer performance to develop item level sales forecast across assigned product family.
· Utilize syndicated data to analyze trends related to consumption, distribution, incremental mix in development of sales forecast.
· Work with customer teams to ensure customer events are accurately captured in forecasted plans
· Develop conclusions and make recommendations about forecast opportunities and risks to maximize BU performance
· Develop and communicate timely submissions for total sales forecast as well as incremental requests
· Serves as key participant in Integrated Business Planning, leading discussions about key business drivers impacting the forecast.
· Provide visibility to sales forecast in the format, level and detail required by all customers. Communicate changes timely including underlying documented assumptions.
· Development of product performance tools that will enable insights and recommendations to teams.
· Supports the implementation of new tools, systems and business process to current systems in place.
Summary of Experience
· Performing market, category, product or competitive analysis 2-4 years
· Project management 2-4 years
· Sales forecasting/demand planning 4 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
· Experience utilizing syndicated data sources including IRI/Neilson and other POS systems
· Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills resulting in action oriented recommendations
· Advanced skills using applicable software (Excel) and computer applications to generate analyses and reports
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
· Ability to set priorities and meet objectives in a fast-paced changing environment
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a project-oriented environment
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Ability to lead projects to completion
· Ability to identify and shape best practices across groups