Sample Job Description Logistics Analyst
Provides analytical support and metrics reporting for all third-party logistics operations.
- Maintains and publishes monthly third-party logistics Operational Performance metrics
- Maintains and publishes monthly third-party logistics space projections
- Tracks and regularly reports third-party logistics Productivity Performance
- Tracks and regularly reports third-party logistics unit cost and supplies spending
- Conducts site labor and space capacity analyses in support of seasonal volume surge activity
- Creates and monitors metrics to insure effective use of raw material cross dock operation
- Conducts ongoing network analyses in support of Customer Logistics Team
- Conducts ongoing network analyses in support of cost reduction opportunities
- Conducts EVA analyses for Freight / Lead Time / Inventory projects
- Associates Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field.
- Or, 2-5 years experience in manufacturing, transportation, warehousing, or distribution support role.
- Should have strong analytical, organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Experience with ERP or WMS systems a plus.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Access and Excel to gather, manipulate and analyze large sets of data is a must.
- Visual Basic and SQL experience is a plus.