Sample Job Description: Region Sales Manager
The Region Sales Manager has primary accountability for the strategic direction including margin and volume attainment. The region sales manager will manage brokers toward largest retail distribution and visibility; take part with the development of specific customer promotional plans and assisting in the development of pricing and product strategies.
- Support Retail volume growth through business building initiatives with existing customers. Manage brokers in a designated market to carry out customer specific promotion plans to increase profitability
- Assist with the preparation of Business Reviews for major customers.
- Analyze and evaluate trends, service and quality performance, growth opportunities, pricing, etc.
- Maintains P & L analysis to support the Vice President in the evaluation of customer profitability and give technical suggestions about pricing or other actions to enhance profitability of customers.
- Has primary responsibility for customer testing, approval, evaluation and ramp up
- Coordinate and supervise customer visits and audits of facilities
- Support new business growth and category management.
- Activities are focused on evaluation of potential retail customers and development of programs to submit, solicit and secure new business, and transition new customers to company.
- Assist with business analysis, preparation, and coordination of customer proposals and coordination of resources including shape assessment, product specifications, packaging assessment, volume analysis by location, P & L’s, manufacturing feasibility, and capacity, co-pack options, etc.
- Coordinate and assist the internal transition of new customers to include lead sheets, credit checks, initial product runs, shipments, customer follow-up
- Coordinate and assist the external transition of new customers by working with customer personnel in procurement, R & D, Quality Assurance, and at plant level to ensure a smooth and effective transition
- Support accurate financial forecasting of each customer’s volume and revenue on a through timely and accurate fashion
- Manages customer feedback as well as detailed SKU forecasting for all customers through the Demand Solutions model
- Maintain high frequency of contact with decision makers at each key company and their involvement in updating volume projections and product mix
- Understand and translate customer internal issues and priorities into volume impact
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 8 – 10 years food sales experience
- Retail customer experience
- Communication skills to internally communicate and coordinate major existing and new customer initiatives to assure customer satisfaction
- Ability to develop and evaluate business proposals and develop customer P & L’s
- Computer proficiency. Full skills with MS Office